Wednesday 12 September 2012

This used to be a... boring phone case

Heya friends,

There are so many creative ways to upcycle things that we throw away on a daily basis. Just the other day I was thinking how bored I was with my current phone case and should replace it with a better one. That is when Lulupu's theme of the month gave me a suppak idea to upcycle my boring old phone case.

And here are my phone case's before and after picture:

BEFORE:


AFTER:


Cool, eh?! I have a mini tutorial on how I glammed up my phone case.

Supplies needed:

* Washi Tape
* Ribbon
* Pearls
* Doily
* Glue
* Scissor
* Exacto Knife



Step 1



I later decided to remove the strip of Washi tape at the bottom


Step 2: Doily




Step 3: Ribbon


Step 4: Pearls







Voila! There you go! Your own designer phone case. :)




Hope you guys liked the tutorial!

TIP: Make sure you use strong adhesive to attach the ribbon and pearls.

Don't forget to participate in this month's challenge, the details can be found here! Make sure you link up your altered projects before the 28th of September as the submissions for September challenge will close by then.

Until next time, Happy crafting!

- Shruti

7 comments:

  1. wow suppak idea and love the altered case.It looks so chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea to use Washi tapes!!! its surely looks neat and oh so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool, I have a battered up phone which could use some dressing up, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shruti.. This is seriously gorgeous stuff....Shoortie... I have a lot of old mobile cases... should I send them to you babe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats an awesome idea shruti..my cousin love decorating her case with stickers..will surely try this one for her..thanks for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.